[Zope-CMF] Re: listFilteredActionsFor

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Feb 7 13:37:26 EST 2005

davelists2 at peoplemerge.com wrote:
| Guys,
|
| I'm running CMF 1.4.7, and using PTProfiler I see the call
| to portal.portal_actions.listFilteredActionsFor(here) takes
| 1.5-1.9 seconds per call for authenticated users.
|
| Rumor has it that the release of CMF 1.5 may have solved
| this, but that CMF 1.5 doesn't play nicely with Plone (I have
| 2.0.4) but that issue is being 'worked on' by 'someone'.
|
| Can someone suggest the proper course of action?

On a "stock" CMF 1.4.7 site, 'listFilteredActions' takes around 6 ms on
my laptop:

~  $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
~  processor       : 0
~  vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
~  cpu family      : 6
~  model           : 9
~  model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1400MHz
~  stepping        : 5
~  cpu MHz         : 599.606
~  cache size      : 1024 KB

~  $ cat ~/projects/CMF/cmf_test/z27_cmf14/Extensions/test_lfa.py
~  import time

~  def time_lFA(self):

~      a_tool = self.portal_actions

~      start = time.time()

~      for i in xrange(1000):
~          result = a_tool.listFilteredActions(self)

~      return 'Time: %12.7f' % ( time.time() - start )

Running an ExternalMethod created with 'test_lfa.time_lFA' in a brand
new CMF site returns numbers which site around 6 seconds.

I would try selectively disabling action providers in your site to see
which one is causing the big lag.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com