[Zope-CMF] how to add plone to zope

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Jan 21 10:59:10 EST 2005

--On Freitag, 21. Januar 2005 16:48 Uhr +0100 Hartfiel Helena
<helena.hartfiel at insa-lyon.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can somebody help me to solve the problem of adding PLONE to ZOPE?
> I have read several documentations, but I still can't handle it.
>
> The problem is: I needed the old version of ZOPE 2.5 and Python 2.1.3 to
> get the
> Database Connection with MySQL, otherwise I couldn't manage it.

It should be easy to update the MySQL adapter to a recent version for a
recent
Zope version.

> Now I want to add PLONE to ZOPE, so I need the PLONE source, available
> only in Version 2.0.5, which is meant for ZOPE 2.6/2.7 and Python2.3...I
> tried it anyway, like it was described in Plone Documentation(I added the
> folder CMFPlone-2.0.5 to the python/Products-directory of ZOPE, I also
> tried to add all the directories of the folder CMFPlone-2.0.5 instead)

Requirements were written for a clear purpose: they tell you the minimum
requirements to run a system. I *doubt* that Plone runs with Zope 2.5 which
is
*old* and afaik this was never a Zope version supported by Plone (at least
not for
Plone 2).

> Do I need to add something like CMF  to ZOPE first or what could else be
> the problem?

Upgrade!

> Maybe somebody can give me a detailed description of how to connect to
> MySQL with newer versions of ZOPE and Python in Windows NT???

Install a recent MySQL DA. If you have problems with this part then give us
a *detailed* description what goes wrong including error messages etc.
(but in this case the CMF list the wrong place for DA related questions).

-aj