[Zope-CMF] accessing member data without logging in.

Andrew F. Sears asears at xonos.com
Wed Jan 26 19:24:27 EST 2005

To whoever can help:
            I want to be able to access/change member information
without actually logging into the system.  Is this possible?

            Just to give you an overview of my intentions: I have an
email subscription form, where someone signs up for emails.  What this
actually does is create a new member and stores it in the acl_users.
One of the properties of a member is a Boolean for whether or not they
are going to get emails (0 for no, 1 for yes).  I want to create a form
where a user can enter just an email address and when submitted, changes
that property to 0.  Just to let you know, I've also created an external
script that can access and change all properties of a user.

            I have tried various commands to do this, all which work
when I'm logged on as a superuser, but I want it to work when someone
just surfs onto the site, and not logged in.

            Another option would be to actually remove the user from the
acl_users list, again without logging in, using the
container.acl_users.manage_users('Delete', <user_id>).  Is this viable?

Thanks for the help, andy