[Zope-CMF] why BadRequest for "next results" from database query

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jan 28 14:06:59 EST 2005

Hartfiel Helena wrote at 2005-1-28 14:46 +0100:
>can somebody tell me how to change the displaying of results from a database
>query?
>
>I have added a  MySQL database connection to my ZMI. When i'm testing it with
>"select * from table" I don't get all results at once, but 19 and a link to the
>next 19 results...but when I click on it, I get a "BadRequest" error.

This is a long standing bug in Zope's DA implementation.
The "next" link forgets to add the "query" argument.

>What should I change and where?

Make a Z SQL Method for your query.
Add a Z Search Interface (which the "add list") for the
Z SQL Method. Choose DTML template because PageTemplate has the same
bug as the DA.

File a bug report to "http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope",
in hope that this bug is finally fixed.

--