[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-developers] Bug in CMFCore.WorkflowTool?

Julien Anguenot ja at nuxeo.com
Mon Jul 18 06:02:58 EDT 2005

Hi Martin,

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to publish something (in Plone) I get the following traceback:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 101, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>   Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPythonScript, line 105,
> in  __call__
>   Module Products.CMFFormController.Script, line 141, in __call__
>   Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 108, in __call__
>   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
>   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
>   Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 163, in _exec
>   Module None, line 41, in content_status_modify
>    - <FSControllerPythonScript at /test/content_status_modify used for
> /test/foo-and-bar/a-monkey-page>
>    - Line 41
>   Module Products.CMFCore.WorkflowTool, line 290, in doActionFor
> TypeError: isActionSupported() got an unexpected keyword argument 'comment'
>
> Looking at the code, CMFCore.WorkflowTool:290 has:
>
>     if wf.isActionSupported(ob, action, **kw):
>
> but the interface and the implementation in CMFDefault says:
>
>     def isActionSupported(self, ob, action):
>
> i.e. no **kw.
>
> I assume this is a bug? There are a ton of failing tests in Plone
> because  of this; removing the '**kw' argument above fixes them.

Right. I'm gonna fix this on the DefaultWorkflowDefinition within
CMFDefault and add a testcase for it.

I'll keep you posted when it's done.

Thanks for the bug report.

	J.

- --
Julien Anguenot | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
CPS Platform : http://www.cps-project.org
Zope3 / ECM   : http://www.z3lab.org
mail: anguenot at nuxeo.com; tel: +33 (0) 6 72 57 57 66