[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMFSetup backwards compatibility policy

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Jul 19 03:35:11 EDT 2005

On 18 Jul 2005, at 12:00, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>> I suppose right now we're all a little bit in the air about what CVS
>> HEAD is going to become. Will it be CMF 2.0 or CMF 1.6? If we go the
>> more radical way to 2.0 it would be more permissible to have lesss
>> backwards compatibility I'd say...
>>

> I vote for 1.6, at least until it's clear what benefits and roughly
> what changes 2.0 holds.

For all practical purposes the trunk still *is* 1.6, there is nothing
radical on it... :)  Unless someone gets trigger-happy it would
actually be possible to do a 1.6 release series. Since 1.6 would be
on its own branch after the first 1.6.0 beta release this does not
"block" the trunk for more radical changes for long at all.

jens