[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFSetup types import/export

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Jun 10 11:02:00 EDT 2005

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> I have to modify CMFSetup's type information import/export  (typeinfo.py).
>
> Currently, to discriminate on ti types on export, it does:
>
>         if isinstance( ti, FactoryTypeInformation ):
>         elif isinstance( ti, ScriptableTypeInformation ):
>
> Because I have other TypeInformation classes, with different
> properties, I'll have to use some kind of registry. Anyone has  special
> needs here, before I commit an implementation? I think I'll  do a
> registry that discriminates on ti.meta_type.
>
> Note that my ti class is a subclass of FactoryTypeInformation, so the
> isinstance test above is not enough in any case.

In the long run we might need a registry for meta_type or interface
specific import/export handlers.

But if you just need support for different PropertyManager properties,
I'd propose an other solution:

utils.ConfiguratorBase has some methods for generic property support.
The typeinfo handlers could use that code in a similar way as the site
properties handlers or the handlers for the newstyle Actions on HEAD.

The property support works with any set of properties, so there would be
no need to write new handlers for customized typeinfo classes.

Cheers,

	Yuppie