[Zope-CMF] Could anyone tell me how to run the MySite example?

Truong Trung Trang trungtrang at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 07:26:48 EST 2005

Hi all,
I'm learning about CMS. I have installed Zope-2.7.4, Python-2.3 and Plone-2
0.5 and now i'm reading about Plone. But when i tried the MySite example, i
could not run it. I don't know how to install it (put it in what folder ?)
to make it run. I think the installation guide is too short and so it is
hard for me to understand. Here it is:
"To install the product, copy, move, or link the three subfolders MySite ,
FlexibleTopic , and ATExtensions to your Zope's product folder and restart
the server. Then use the quick installer to add MySite to a
test-and-throw-away Plone instance. The product takes care to install all
other ones it depends on (like Archetypes) if necessary and it also puts an
events topic in your site as you will notice.
You can get the accompayning product from http://www.neuroinf
de/LabTools/MySite. The location of your Products folder depends on your
local installation. In general, it is considered best practice to use the
Products subfolder within INSTANCE_HOME but there is also one in the
SOFTWARE_HOME directory. If you don't know where these folders are on your
server, use the ZMI and go to the Control_Panel in the Zope root. There, you
will find these and other settings specific to your local server. When you
ve installed Plone on Windows using the installer, the Products folder is:
<Plone 2 folder>/Data/Products"
So if somebody tell me how to install it in more detail to make it run
properly. Here are my installation folders:
Zope:
C:\Program Files\Zope
C:\Zope-Instance
Plone:
C:\Program Files\Plone 2
And could you teach me how do i begin learning about Zope CMF: What it is ?,
what does it do ?,  and what is the core of it ?
Thank you very much.