[Zope-CMF] [dev] basic Five support - a small proposal

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:28:04 EDT 2005

On 5/24/05, yuppie <y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de> wrote:
> There is already the CMFonFive project, but now that Zope 2.8 ships with
> Five I'd like to see basic Five support in CMF itself:

Well.... you have a point. I see some options:

1. Moving CMFonFive to Zope corps CVS and simply shipping it with the
next version of CMF.

2. Moving the things that are in CMFonFive into CMFCore.

3. Moving just some parts, and thereby still requireing CMFonFive for
any reasonably CMF integration, and hence gaining very little. ;)

I prefer 1. Then we too can have a big simple:

try:
  import Five
except ImportError:
  yada yada
in the __init__.py

> 3.) a base class for Five content:
> The PortalContent class does not implement everything required in
> CMFDefault. AFAICS at least some DublinCore methods are missing. We
> could either add a subset as in PortalFolder or use the complete
> DefaultDublinCoreImpl.

Well, that's still not a Five issue. But it could be a reasonably
thing to have in CMFDefault anyway.