[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF-checkins] CVS: Products/CMFCore - DirectoryView.py:1.47.2.7

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu May 26 03:12:21 EDT 2005

yuppie wrote:

> Can you please tell us *why* you hate it? warnings.warn is used in many
> places, so if there is a good reason not to use it other code should be
> changed as well.

Well, personally, I find it opaque and useless, why isn't it just a log
call?
My personal hate of it comes from seeing a thoroughly useless warning
coming from the old SearchIndex stuff for years and never being able to
figure out exactly what was causing the problem.

I guess at least in this case, at least fairly useful information is
being "warned"?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk