[Zope-CMF] Re: Trouble with .metadata files and security settings

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Mon Nov 7 12:35:15 EST 2005

Floyd May wrote:
> I have a set of files - page templates, python scripts, and zsql
> methods - that are set up as filesystem objects.  I'm having trouble
> getting the security set the way I want it to be with the .metadata
> files.  Here is the content of my .metadata files:
> --------------8<-------------------------
> [security]
> View = 0:Manager
> Access contents information = 0:Manager
> Access Contents Information = 0:Manager
> -------------8<--------------------------
>
> However, I can still access my content through an anonymous context.
> Can anyone give me some ideas about debugging my situation?  Thanks!
>
> Zope 2.7.7-final, python 2.3.5, freebsd5
> CMF 1.4.8
>
> fm
>
> (My mail client is wigging I think, so I'm resending with a new
> subject, sorry for the double post)

A couple of things:

 - The last line is invalid.  I get the following in my error log with
   that line included, when running under CMF 1.5:

   2005-11-07 12:08:30 ERROR DirectoryView Error setting permissions
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File
"/home/tseaver/projects/CMF/cmf_test/z27_cmf14/Products/CMFCore/DirectoryView.py",
line 269, in prepareContents
       ob.manage_permission(name,roles,acquire)
     File
"/home/tseaver/projects/Zope-CVS/Zope-2_7-branch/lib/python/AccessControl/Role.py",
line 188, in manage_permission
       raise ValueError, (
   ValueError: The permission <em>Access Contents Information</em> is
invalid.

 - When I look at the skin method's 'manage_access' (I have to hack the
   URL to make it happen, e.g.:

http://localhost:8080/test_14/portal_skins/foobar/foobar_template/manage_access
   the (valid) permissions *are* set correctly.

 - When I attempt to view the template under CMF 1.5, it raises
   Unauthorized with or without the invalid permission.  Under CMF 1.4,
   the invalid permission causes the View permission *not* to be set.

So:  remove the invalid permission setting and try again.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 202-558-7113          tseaver at palladion.com