[Zope-CMF] [dev] RFC: logging/reporting framework for GenericSetup

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 02:55:57 EST 2005

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> There could be a "multiplexer" that logs to the standard Zope event  log
> *and* keeps the messages in a memory buffer to be displayed in  the
> browser. This could be done in a separate class or a logging API  could
> be added to ISetupContext. Should be easy to do, really.

Well, this is all supported by the logging module ;-)

You can define a new log handler just for the duration of the process
and then remove it.

Have a look at MailingLogger's SummarisingLogger for ideas. Give it a go
and let me know where the code is if you want me to take a look, I've
got to know and love python's logging module quite well ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk