[Zope-CMF] Re: Test broken on 1.6 branch

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Sat Nov 19 03:00:28 EST 2005

i sent this message about 12 hours ago, via gmane, but i haven't seen it
come through yet, am resending.  apologies if it shows up twice.

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>> Note that the current breakage on the 1.6 branch is the kind of stuff
>> that made me reluctant to borrow the trunk's CMFSetup/GenericSetup.  In
>> this case, it isn't really fair to complain about the test breakage, in
>> that the whole point of the branch is to find and fix such things.
>

> Well if the tests are expected to be broken, it shouldn't be called
> branches/1.6 but branches/genericsetup-backport. "1.6" is the name of an
> "official" branch, which should be clean.

this is my fault.  i shouldn't have named the branch '1.6'... in fact,
i'd be happy to rename it, if that's what people want.

i DO run the tests, religiously, BTW, and i mentioned this explicitly in
an earlier message:

> i managed to get the lion's share of the GenericSetup-based
> installation backported to the 1.6 branch tonight.  the unit tests
> need to be fixed up, and i haven't done anything with the CMFTopic
> extension profile yet, but it is possible to add a functional CMF site
> TTW.  i'll work on getting the tests to pass and the CMFTopic profile
> working later this week

this was sent on 11/16, i've done a bit more work since then, but
haven't gotten things squared away, yet.

>> I've just fixed a couple of things, which is more than the bandwidth I
>> meant to spend on the 1.6 branch alredy.

my apologies.  as i said, i'm very aware of the issue and it resolving
it is on my short short list of things to do.  the problem is, as jens
pointed out, that i shouldn't have created a 1.6 branch but should have
instead given it another name until it was more ready for public
consumption.

i have to run to a meeting right now, but if someone wants to rename the
branch, please do.. i will be putting some time into this tonight,
hopefully i can get this completely resolved.  otherwise, i will be
off-line all weekend, and will be picking up development early next week.

-r