[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 2.0 sandboxes

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Nov 19 05:41:41 EST 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>Phillip, do you have a clue why Five's ZCML initialization order has
>>changed, such that the product ZCML is being done before the core zope3
>>stuff?
>
> I think I know what's wrong. We're missing some important registrations
> of the default layer. I *think* we need the following declarations to be
> executed in Five.browser/configure.zcml:
>
> <interface
>   interface="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.ILayer" />
>
> <interface
>   interface="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.ISkin" />
>
> <interface
>   interface="zope.app.publisher.interfaces.browser.IMenuItemType" />
>
> <defaultLayer
>   type="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserRequest"
>   layer="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IDefaultBrowserLayer" />
>
> <browser:layer name="default"
>   interface="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IDefaultBrowserLayer" />
>

> For that to work, we also need the 'defaultLayer' directive to be
> configured. I will try to fix this tomorrow, issue a 1.3b3 and include
> it into the Zope trunk.

Done. Just svn up your Zope 2.9 working copy.

By the way, I noticed that CMFDefault registers a "cmf" layer and a skin
under the same name. In Zope 3 we usually make layers all lower case
(e.g. "some_layer_name") and skin names CamelCase (e.g. "SomeSkinName").
I think that convention was also roughly followed by CMF and CMF-based
software; it would be good if CMF wouldn't deviate from it.

Philipp