[Zope-CMF] Re: reindexing optimizations

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Nov 20 07:49:59 EST 2005

Hi!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Alec Mitchell wrote:
>> So we have two full reindexes, and three metadata updates.  The last
>> reindex appears to be there only to catch the change to 'portal_type'
>> in _finishConstruction.  So, this final reindexObject, might safely be
>> changed to reindexObject(['portal_type', 'Type']),
>
> This was the case in my initial code, but Yuppie changed it:
> http://svn.zope.org/trunk/CMFCore/TypesTool.py?rev=35903&r1=35864&r2=35903
> I don't remember what the reason was, though I believe it was discussed
> a bit at the time on the lists.

- This change was made 2 years ago, Zope 2.6.3 was not released yet. At
that time a full reindex was the *only* way to update the metadata.

- indexObject() doesn't call notifyModified() -> addCreator(). So who
ever modifies that code should make sure addCreator() is still called
and indexed.

See also http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-July/020818.html

Cheers,

	Yuppie