[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFTestCase: Best way to create the CMF site?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 06:34:25 EDT 2005

On 10/5/05, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Stefan H. Holek wrote:
> > I see two options:
> >
> > a) Use a different portal name
> >
> >     portal_name = 'mysite'
> >     CMFTestCase.setupCMFSite(portal_name)
>
> Can setupCMFSite not do something more clever if it finds the object
> already there?
>
> > b) Use getPortal() to create a new portal per test
> >
> >     def getPortal(self):
> >         manage_addCMFSite(self.app, portal_name)
> >         return getattr(self.app, portal_name)
>
> ....hahaha, and watch your tests take hours to run ;-)
>
> Chris

Any test including PortalTestCase should really not be seen as a unit
test, but a fucntional test. ;) If we could put in some effort of
making a minimal dymmy-portal that can be deleted and recreated very
quickly, then that would be very interesting. I would assume that that
involved a lot of work though...