[Zope-CMF] Re: Five and CMFDefault

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Oct 12 11:14:37 EDT 2005

Hi Tres.  It was me.  Here is my trouble. I am am using CMFDefault in
CMF-1.5.4 as a starting point for portal development. I have installed
Zope 2.8.1 I have only modified main __init__ and Portal.py  at this
point and done some renaming to reflect my portal product -but I am
getting this error in my event log. I am not subclassing it since there
are some fairly major things I will be doing but still will use some of
what it there. I have done nothing to change any of the Five zcml or
portal types yet so am puzzled why this is showing up. Can you shed
some light as I am still in the dark when it comes to zcml.  I realize
that these statements basically say it implementing inferfaces from
CMFCore.

One thing I noticed is that there is no class
Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IWorkflowDefinition. It is
Products.CMFCore.interfaces.WorkflowDefinition  (no I in front of
WorkflowDefinition).  Perhaps this is where it is getting messed up but
why then is it not failing for CMFSite product? I upgraded my CMF
yesterday but I have checked down to 1.5.2 and interfaces in CMF for
types don't have I in front either but have same zcml as CMFDefault in
1.5.4.  Was this something overlooked in CMFDefault or is it something
I have done?  Let me know if you want the full traceback.

The traceback is because Five is refusing to load and I am interested
in using Five for translation services in the new product.

Regards,
David

Last part of traceback:

     ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'interface', 'Module
Products.CMFCore.interfaces has no global IWorkflowDefinition in
Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IWorkflowDefinition')

This is where it is failing:

   <!-- DefaultWorkflow -->

   <implements
       class=".DefaultWorkflow.DefaultWorkflowDefinition"
       interface="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IWorkflowDefinition"
       />

I have not changed interfaces file in the main portal product or
DefaultWorkflow.  If I comment out this statement in implements file,
it fails on the next statement in implements.zcml which is

   <!-- DiscussionItem -->

   <implements
       class=".DiscussionItem.DiscussionItem"
       interface="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IDiscussionResponse"
       />

When I look at bridge, it seems also that bridge does not go from
WorkflowDefinition to IWorkflowDefinition.

<configure
     xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/five"

   <bridge
       zope2=".interfaces.Document.IDocument"
       package=".interfaces"
       name="IDocument"
       />

   <bridge
       zope2=".interfaces.Document.IMutableDocument"
       package=".interfaces"
       name="IMutableDocument"
       />

   <bridge
       zope2=".interfaces.portal_membership.portal_membership"
       package=".interfaces"
       name="IMembershipTool"
       />

</configure>