[Zope-CMF] [headsup] removing old setup machinery on CMF trunk

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Thu Oct 20 16:04:39 EDT 2005

Hi there.  I have been monitoring the list to observe changes in setup
specifically.  I have been waiting for things to stabilize since there
seemed to be many sorts of changes occuring in arriving at what it
would look like including splitting CMFSetup etc.

When will these changes in machinery come out on a new CMF release.  As
far as third party products, I have been generating Install type files
still will my products.  Will these still be able to be used or will
this be completely replaced by the new machinery.  What happens to
CMFQuickinstaller as a result?  Is that completely dead after these
changes occur?  I am wondering what to do with any non standard code
executed on install, like add things like python scripts or folders,
etc. Where will this go without Install? I am assuming the xml will
take care of many standard things, but what about anything out of the
ordinary like what I mentioned?

Sorry if this sounds like worry.  It is not. Rather I am wanting to
make sure that I stay current so my own products won't break and I am
keeping in tune with recent developments. Also these changes are
important to me since I am trying to develop a portal by subclassing
CMFSite so there seems to be many things happening that could affect
what I am doing.

Many thanks
David