[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: CachingPolicyManager improvements

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Sep 3 16:16:14 EDT 2005

On 3 Sep 2005, at 21:00, Geoff Davis wrote:
>> IMHO they should not fail, they just should not be run. People with a
>> "normal" CMF 1.5-based setup and without ZopeTestCase should not see
>> failing tests because another third-party package is not installed.
>> That's confusing.
>>

> Well, it's not exactly a 3rd party product -- it's part of Zope!
> But I'm
> sure something can be worked out to make sure people aren't confused;
> hopefully the tests can just not be run via something along the
> lines of
> what Tres suggested.

Part of Zope version 2.8 and up, that's the problem. If you were to
run a clean Zope 2.7.x, downloaded a release version of CMF 1.5.x and
ran the unit tests, would you expect to see any breakage? I wouldn't
want to see that at all if I were a normal user. Of course I
*absolutely hate* to see that as a CMF developer in the same
situation ;)

jens