[Zope-CMF] Re: CachingPolicyManager improvements

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Sep 5 06:54:20 EDT 2005

On 5 Sep 2005, at 11:45, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> However this kind of default fixture actually is quite heavy, and
> makes you write tests that are hardly "unit" anymore. They are
> still good integration tests, but I've found that using
> PortalTestCase or something like that is often extremely costly in
> terms of time spent running the tests.

That's very true. In the project that I'm working on we happen to use
Plone, and almost all tests are using PloneTestCase (well, something
subclassed from it). The tests are painfully slow.

The best situation is a happy medium where you're only ever allowed
to use the 100 ton fixture if you *really really really* need to and
you cannot do it in a cheaper fixture.

jens