[Zope-CMF] Re: CachingPolicyManager improvements

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Sep 6 05:07:05 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> yuppie wrote at 2005-9-5 14:06 +0200:

>>PortalTestCase is in the wrong layer. It makes assumptions about the way
>>CMF works. Changes to the CMF might break PortalTestCase and create a
>>dependency on a new Zope release. (We saw that problem already with the
>>_refreshSkinData changes in CMF 1.5)
>

> It is not better to fix such problems at a single place ("PortalTestCase")
> rather than in lots of individual tests (that happen to make similar
> assumptions)?

Seems I didn't make my point clear:

I wasn't arguing against PortalTestCase. The problem is that
PortalTestCase is shipped with Zope, not with the CMF. But the correct
implementation of PortalTestCase depends on the CMF version. Using
PortalTestCase creates a circular dependency between Zope and CMF.

Cheers, Yuppie