[Zope-CMF] Re: CachingPolicyManager improvements

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue Sep 6 14:45:40 EDT 2005

On 6 Sep 2005, at 20:05, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote at 2005-9-6 15:30 +0200:

>> Of course if you directly serve content objects from the cache, which
>> is explicitely unsupported and not recommended...
>>

> Where did you find this information ("*explicitely* unsupported").

When you configure a RAMCacheManager, the dtml page says:

   The RAM Cache Manager allows you to cache the result of
   calling expensive objects, such as Python Scripts and External
   Methods, in memory. Because it does *not* cache HTTP headers,
   caching full web pages is generally not advised.

(Added by myself last november because I'd been bitten by it.)

There's also some text in the online help about caching complete web
pages being a bad idea.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com