[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF-checkins] SVN: CMF/branches/1.5/C CMFSetup: added support for configuring cookie auth and mailhost tools

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Sep 22 04:28:10 EDT 2005

On 21 Sep 2005, at 16:50, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2005, at 11:48, Tres Seaver wrote:
>

>> Log message for revision 38552:
>>   CMFSetup:  added support for configuring cookie auth and
>> mailhost tools
>>

> This patch is broken, as I am finding out. Please don't put it on
> the head until it is fixed. In CMF 1.5 it's now impossible to add a
> "Configured CMF Site" because the patch did not include cleanups to
> remove the current MailHost/CookieCrumbler instantiation code in
> the CMFDefault.setuphandlers.py module and sufficient testing.
>
> I'm looking at it right now, but I'm sitting at the Vienna airport
> and might not be able to do too much.

Just fixed the last bit; there were two distinct problems in
combination with Zope 2.7.x and CMF 1.5.x. In general, CMFSetup
changes should be verified against both the latest CMF 1.5 and the
SVN trunk. In this particular case I was dismayed that the OP
apparently never went into the ZMI to actually set up a CMF site
using CMFSetup, which would have shown the problems immediately.

jens