[Zope-CMF] Re: Priority CMF skins vs. Five views?

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Sat Apr 8 07:15:07 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 8. April 2006 12:38:09 +0200 yuppie <y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de> wrote:
>>
>> The lookup order fix is also in Five 1.2.2 and higher, so upgrading from
>> Five 1.2.1 explains the changed behavior.
>
> Waahh...it was _extremely_ convenient to override skin methods this way.
> Is there any way to achieve that now with Five 1.2.3?

You'll find some discussion about this change in the z3-five list
archives. The old behavior was not in sync with the Zope3 behavior and
made masked objects inaccessible.

If you don't want to customize traversal the only option I see is using
Method Aliases. CMF 2.0 hooks up browser views that way. As I already
mentioned in my first reply mapping 'foo' explicitly to the view with
'@@foo' will dispatch to the view and not look up the skin method.

HTH, Yuppie