[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF roadmap update

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Apr 24 17:48:16 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 10:13:45PM +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> >>Adding missing pieces to the Zope 3 integration puzzle which could
> >>not make it into the 2.0 release for time reasons will be the main
> >>objective for CMF 2.1. At this point the following items are
> >>planned to land in CMF 2.1:
> >>    * Local skin customization (take an item from the skins tool
> >>and customize it for a particular CMF site instance)
> >
> >Is anybody working on this? AFAICS everybody agrees we need a
> >solution for this, but so far we don't even have a rough proposal.
>
> It was my impression (please correct me if I am wrong) that this is a
> Zope 3/Five issue rather than something we solve in CMF. And that
> there are people working on it, but I'm not sure who and how far it
> has progressed.

I saw Philip W. do a working prototype of this at the PyCon Dallas
sprints.

I don't know if anything happened with this after PyCon,
and it would need at least some UI work.

If the UI is to integrate with the CMF skins tool, I suspect there will
need to be a thin layer of CMF-specific UI written as well.  IIRC,
Philip's prototype just dumped the templates into the Zope root, or
maybe into the current folder, I forget.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com