[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF roadmap update

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Apr 26 04:03:58 EDT 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
>>
>> I saw Philip W. do a working prototype of this at the PyCon Dallas
>> sprints.
>>
>> I don't know if anything happened with this after PyCon,
>> and it would need at least some UI work.
>>
>> If the UI is to integrate with the CMF skins tool, I suspect there will
>> need to be a thin layer of CMF-specific UI written as well.  IIRC,
>> Philip's prototype just dumped the templates into the Zope root, or
>> maybe into the current folder, I forget.
>
> I believe the work which Philipp and I did at PyCon will land for Zope
> 2.10 / Five 1.4.  Until then, we don't have any story for view
> customization:  sites which depend on such customization will need to
> continue using the skins.
>
> Once that work lands, we should be able to integrate the UI from the
> prototype, which shows the template-driven views for a given object, and
> allows creation of a new templatee in the nearest "site", shadowing the
> global view.

Are you talking about the 'zpt customization prototype' that won't be
ready in time for Five 1.5/Zope 2.10 according to the log message for
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/checkins/2006-April/001310.html?

I'm not happy with limiting TTW customizations to zpt customizations.
That will force people to add their custom logic to the templates. The
goal of views was to move in the opposite direction.

But I have no time to work on something better.

Cheers, Yuppie