[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup BBB issues

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Apr 28 10:35:25 EDT 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:

> yuppie wrote:
>>
>> GenericSetup/DEPENDENCIES.txt says:
>>
>> Zope >= 2.8.5
>> Five >= 1.2
>>
>> Is upgrading to Five 1.2 no option for you?
>
> I have a report that Five 1.2 breaks something else in this customer's
> application, and didn't have time to track that down further.  I may
> look into that today.
>
>> I'm not happy with adding BBB code for incomplete Five 1.0 support. I
>> even did consider to propose removing Zope 2.8 compatibility on the trunk.
>
> I can live with that on the trunk, but am hopeful that we can make a
> fairly recent GenericSetup version available to "older" sites which need
> its improved dump / reload facilities to ease migration (e.g., install
> GenericSetup 1.1, dump content, upgrade the rest of the site, reload
> content).

If "install GenericSetup 1.1 + Five 1.2" is indeed a problem that makes
sense to me. And as long as the GenericSetup trunk is in maintenance
mode I have no objections against your BBB code on the trunk.

But as soon as we add new features to GenericSetup we need a branch for
GenericSetup 1.1 maintenance. At that time I'd like to remove Zope 2.8
BBB on the trunk.

Cheers, Yuppie