[Zope-CMF] default values

cristi cristi at medialab.sissa.it
Mon Dec 4 10:53:35 EST 2006

>>Hello all,
>>
>>I have a Zope+Plone web application and one of my forms aks the
>>user for some information. Then this information is saved in the
>>Zope database.
>>

> Huh? When you work with Plone then you are using Archetypes for
> content-types?! Archetype fields can have a 'default' parameter. Check the
> docs!

thank you, but unfortunately this is not ok for me. the documentation says
the filed receives the value during the object initialization. So when the
object will be shown in the HTML form it will contain the default value, but
the user can invalidate it. However, I want to allow the user to save such an
object but if the field is empty/null/invalid then i want to provide a default
value.

I hope I was clear enough. Otherwise please ask.

cristi