[Zope-CMF] Re: ActionInfo doku?

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Dec 4 15:41:26 EST 2006

Hi Robert!

robert rottermann wrote:
> I would like (for a long time actually) understand the
> ActionInfo set of tools and classes.
>
> is there some doku somewhere.

None I'm aware of. Did you have a look at the interfaces?

'ActionInfo' was implemented before we started using adapters in Zope 2,
but it adapts IAction objects (or oldstyle action dicts), providing
IActionInfo. I guess today we would implement 'ActionInfo' as
multi-adapter. 'ActionInfo' objects are the non-persistent objects
returned by listFilteredActionsFor(), listActionInfos() and getActionInfo().

'Action' and 'ActionInformation' are two different implementations of
IAction. The CMF 2.0 ActionsTool uses 'Action' objects, the TypeInfos
still use the old 'ActionInformation' objects. 'Action' objects are the
persistent configuration objects.

There is also the FiveActionsTool that creates 'ActionInformation'
objects from ZCML settings and DCWorkflow that creates action dicts from
Transitions.

HTH,

	Yuppie