[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup content exporting

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Mon Dec 18 14:11:18 EST 2006

Spanky wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I'm just getting started with GenericSetup, and I feel like I'm missing
> something simple.  Hope you can help :)
>
> My goal is to get some default content exported as XML so I can use it
> as part of the GS profile for my new site.
>
> In my experimenting:
> I have a stock Plone site, nothing special.  I make a test folder and
> test page in it.  I make the Plone Profile active and export.  In that
> export, I don't get any of the content I've created TTW.  I'm walking
> through it in a debugger to try to see what happens where.  Any advice
> on getting content exported would be appreciated.  I've been reading the
> docs that are excellent in explaining how to set up a profile and use
> GS, but nothing along the lines of getting the content OUT of a site.

GenericSetup's content import/export works well w/ default CMF content, but
AFAIK it does not yet fully support AT-based content.  AT has the Marshall
product, which provides infrastructure for (de)serializing AT content into
XML; it would be nice to write some content im/export adapters that use
Marshall, but i haven't heard of anyone who's done that yet.

-r