[Zope-CMF] Re: [z3-five] Re: CMFonFive and CMF 1.6

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Thu Jan 5 14:21:01 EST 2006

Lennart Regebro wrote:
>>this makes sense.  i'm -1 on the final CMFonFive piece landing in CMF
>>1.6 itself, though.  the original scope for CMF 1.6 was "CMF 1.5 +
>>GenericSetup", i don't see a compelling reason to complicate things by
>>expanding that scope.  if CMFonFive stays separate, then you can code it
>>to support only Zope 2.9 without having to impose this same restriction
>>on the CMF core.
>
> Well, it doesn't make sense, because it continues a complex versioning
> dance, and leaves many combinations unsupported, but if nobody else
> wants that fixed, then I won't fix it. :-)

maybe i'm being dense, but i don't see how merging the code into the CMF
core improves this.  if i'm understanding this correctly, you wouldn't
be increasing the number of supported combinations at all; you'd just
have expanded one of the Z2.8 unsupported pieces from a single feature
(menu -> action bridging) to the entirety of CMF 1.6.

anyway, it's moot, since you've agreed to keep it a separate product for
now.  thank you.  CMF 2.0 will see all of this converge.

-r