[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: [Plone-developers] Re: Re: The components of Archetypes

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Sat Jan 14 19:32:53 EST 2006

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 12:06:43AM -0000, Martin Aspeli wrote:
| So - one problem is that there is a lot of Plone software out there that
| just assumes all content types are Archetypes.

If you know about software that does this, please speak up. Best I can
tell there's no software that depends on content type being
Archetypes, though some stuff like the ReferenceBrowser depends on the
IReferenceable API.

| But beyond that, CMF requires a lot of boilerplate, like above, that I'd
| rather not have to remember or deal with. So, what are the options?

Does it? I think CMF basically needs a portal_type (I think the class
that provides this is DynamicType or something). Other than that the
*content type* doesn't need much boilerplate. What you need is to
register the factory type on the portal_types tool, but that's not
part of the *content type*.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.