[Zope-CMF] Re: RFC: backporting including python-package-product support to support Zope 2.8

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Mon Jan 16 17:03:03 EST 2006

i'm -1 for expending extra effort to get this working on Zope 2.8.  new
features should arrive w/ new versions.  Plone 2.5 will require CMF-1.6,
which will work w/ both Z2.8 and Z2.9.  those who want this feature can
run Plone on Z2.9, no prob.

i'd much rather see us focus our efforts on getting people migrated
forward to Z2.9 than give them reason to stay on Z2.8 yet longer.  it's
bad enough that we have to support Z2.8 w/ Plone 2.5, let's not make it
worse.

-r