[Zope-CMF] Re: using effective date to replace content?

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 18 04:04:25 EST 2006

martin f krafft wrote:
> I am looking for a way to replace content of a document on
> a specific date. For a simple example, let's say the commpany gets
> a new CEO on 1 February 2006. Thus, I want /ceo_bio to tell about
> the old CEO until 31 January 2006 and magically switch to tell us
> about the new CEO over night.
>
> Can CMF do this, or do I need some other magic?

Traditionally I think most people use cron
for that (call 'zopectl run my-update-script'
assuming you are using ZEO).

Alternatively, there is

     http://plope.com/software/ClockServer

now but AFAITC there is nothing CMF-specific
to support time-based manipulations (not even
using events at least not as long as you don't
provide "clock/time events" like "Now it's midnight,
a new day has started" that listeners could subscribe
to.

Raphael