[Zope-CMF] Re: RFC: backporting including python-package-product support to support Zope 2.8

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Jan 18 12:03:15 EST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:45:14 -0800, Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:

> Let's put it this way: By the time Plone 2.5 is releases (if according to
> roadmap), Zope 2.8 is one month away from being *discontinued*.
> Conservative
> or not, I wouldn't bet on a release line that won't receive bugfixes the
> minute I start using it...

Note that I'm not saying it *won't* ship with 2.9, just that we reserve
the right to ship with 2.8, since the 2.9 status is still uncertain, and
since neither the Zope or Plone teams have released anything on the actual
date of the deadline so far. I think it's great that we have a somewhat
reliable time-based release schedule - but all the kinks are not worked
out yet. ;)