[Zope-CMF] Abusing GenericSetup during traditional installs

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Jul 28 05:58:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

I realise this isn't entirely kosher (and that yuppie has much better
long-term ideas), but I am wondering if it's possible to invoke some
GenericSetup handler code during a more traditional Extensions/Install.py
install.

This is purely for convenience - but if I need a more traditional product
install (with a UI for uninstall and so on), I can use CMFQuickInstaller or
external methods. However, doing things like FTIs and workflow definitions
with GS XML syntax is way more convenient and maintainable.

Is there some way I could invoke a handler explicitly, e.g. say "run the
workflow installation handler on this particular XML file from my product
only"? Or do handlers have pre-requisites of context and/or side-effects
that make them usable only within the context of a GS import run?

Martin