[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup now incompatible with Zope 2.8?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Jun 3 08:05:21 EDT 2006

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:16:06 +0100, Jens Vagelpohl
<jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> This checkin seems to have broken Zope 2.8-compatibility:
>
> http://svn.zope.org/GenericSetup/trunk/tests/common.py?
> rev=68391&r1=41338&r2=68391
>
> Specifically, the line "from zope.testing.cleanup import cleanUp" breaks
> Zope 2.8, I checked all stable tags (2.8.5, 2.8.6, 2.8.7) and there is
> no toplevel name "cleanUp" in zope.testing.cleanup.
>
> DEPENDENCIES.txt still claims it works with Zope 2.8.5 and higher. One
> or the other needs changing, either DEPENDENCIES.txt needs updating or,
> if this breakage was inadvertently introduced, common.py needs fixing.

Since we bill Plone 2.5 as compatible with Zope 2.8, and since 1.6 had a
lot to do with Plone 2.5 and GenericSetup, this seem a bit strange, not to
mention unfortunate from a Plone perspective. I understand it's only in
the tests, but if we can't run the tests on 2.8, we can't know whether it
works there! :)

Martin

--
"You can just adapt yourself out of it..." // Archipelago sprint 26/04/2006