[Zope-CMF] Re: Views not found

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Mar 29 11:09:35 EST 2006

Hi Jens!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I'm coming up against the next item, which is "how to correctly refer to
> a layer defined somewhere else". In CMFCalendar, I need to make sure the
> skin layers for CMFDefault  are also available. There seem to be two
> routes I could choose:
>
> - - define my own cmfcalendar skin and layer. Declare it as a
> combination of layers cmfcalendar, cmf and default.
>
> - - stick my views directly into layer "cmf" and don't worry about
> defining my own layeer or skin.

I think the second route is the Right Way to do it with Zope 3 style
layers. I can't see a need to define an extra layer for CMFCalendar.

> [...]
> Both lead to errors like this:
>
> <snip>
>     ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'layer', "ImportError:
> Couldn't import cmf, No module named cmf")

I guess the problem is the order in which Five loads the configure.zcml
files. But I have no idea what's the recommended way to make sure
CMFDefault's configure.zcml is loaded first.

HTH,

	Yuppie