[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] tseaver-catalog_events branch

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu May 18 08:46:54 EDT 2006

Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> I finally found some time to have a look at the tseaver-catalog_events
>> branch. The last failing test is fixed now and I have some questions:
>
> Thanks for that, I think I was at a point where I didn't see the forest
> for the trees.
>

>> 1.) The ContentishSublocations adapter is not registered by default,
>> just for unit tests. Why?
>>
>> 2.) Instead of using a customized ISublocations adapter and
>> _recurseOpaques in handleObjectEvent: Can't we just add a new
>> subscriber that dispatches to opaque items like dispatchToSublocations
>> dispatches to sublocations?
>
> I think Tres would know best what the original aim was.

Well. That doesn't help me if he doesn't tell me :(

>> 3.) Does this branch make the unmerged part of the
>> efge-1.5-five-compatible branch obsolete?
>
> Not sure what's in there.
>
> Would it make sense to prevent this branch from being left behind more
> as "normal" development continues by merging it into the trunk and
> continuing the remaining polishing there?

I did have an other look at tseaver-catalog_events branch and
efge-1.5-five-compatible branch.

I propose to split these changes into 2 steps:

The first step would be to use the events machinery for dispatching to
first class sublocations of containers. The necessary work seems to be
done on those two branches. If there are no objections I'll merge this
work into the trunk and delete the two branches.

The second step would be to use the events machinery for dispatching to
opaque items. The necessary work is not done jet. I plan to create a new
branch for that and to copy related code fragments from the
tseaver-catalog_events branch to that new branch.

Any objections?

Cheers,

	Yuppie