[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMF 2.1 dependencies

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Nov 1 09:32:05 EST 2006

Am 01.11.2006 um 14:45 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:

> I think trying to come up with a list of applications that "will
> break" is utopian. We're not talking "locked-down walled garden"
> here where the vendor has control over what the customer runs. We
> cannot anticipate what will break, apart from very high-level (and
> thus not all that helpful) statements like "sorry, CMF 1.3 probably
> won't run on Zope 2.10". The possible software combinations out
> there are limitless.

The list not be exhaustive or prescriptive. If all core components
and "commonly used" products are not broken then making this known is
helpful. Sorry, I'm just getting into the CMF otherwise I might have
been able to make a more detailed suggestion.

> As with any Zope upgrade (or Zope-related software) upgrade, users
> will have to test for their specific situation. Create a test
> instance with the new software, copy the database across, and see
> what breaks. Due to the variability in peoples' setup and the
> software they run that is the only sane advice to give.
>
> As far as that Windows installer goes, that dicussion belongs on
> zope-dev or zope at zope.org, where you will get the standard answer:
> "Sorry, no one has stepped up to do this yet, would you like to
> volunteer?".

I know. I was referring obliquely to the fact that Zope 2.10 probably
has not been tested as much as it should have been to be considered a
stable version.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark