[Zope-CMF] Re: GS and the Toolset registry

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Nov 14 06:14:03 EST 2006

Hi Alec!

Alec Mitchell wrote:
> So I've recently run into a bit of a problem involving the extension
> profiles and the toolset registry.  The issue is that if I install an
> extension profile that overrides one of the tools from the base
> profile, then switch back to the base profile (but not run any steps),
> then switch to another extension profile that provides a toolset step
> (which has no mention of the tool overridden in the first extension
> profile), the tool from the base profile will replace the tool from
> the first extension profile, even though the base profile was never
> re-installed and the second extension profile makes no mention of this
> tool.

I personally just ignored the toolset registry because I never needed it
and it never did get in my way.

The issue you describe is annoying. Instead of working on a fix I'd
prefer to rip the toolset registry out. But maybe Tres knows why the
toolset registry exists and why it is still useful.

Cheers,

	Yuppie