[Zope-CMF] Getting started with CMF

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Tue Nov 21 08:13:13 EST 2006

Hi,

I've been on the list for a while but it mainly seems dev traffic. I
hope it's okay to ask normal user questions!

Is there a "getting started with the CMF" anywhere? I've done some
fairly extensive searching but not come up with a great deal. As I'm
fairly familiar with Zope I'm quite happy with the administration
side of things but struggling more as a user. I realise Plone is CMF+
and lots of the Plone documentation is also applicable to CMF but if
there is something out there I've missed I'd appreciate a link! And
if there isn't I'm planning to turn my own notes into one.

FWIW I'm working on a football fan site with a central, non-technical
editor so don't have much call for the "portally stuff". I'm
particularly interested in the moment in having the homepage
considerably different to the rest of the site and some hierarchical
navigation.

Regarding the CMF itself - is there any point in refactoring some of
the ZPT's to use CSS? And would it make sense to break out the user
controls from the content itself?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark