[Zope-CMF] GenericSetup fails to import site structure

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Sun Nov 26 02:45:25 EST 2006

Hi there

I'm trying to convert a CustomizationPolicy to a GenericSetup extension
profile for one of our products. I've got it working mostly except for
importing the site structure. One class fails to adapt to
IFileSystemImporter:

  Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.content, line 44, in
importSiteStructure
  Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.content, line 183, in import_
  Module zope.interface.interface, line 682, in __call__
TypeError: ('Could not adapt', <ClientFolder at /bika3/clients>,
<InterfaceClass Products.GenericSetup.interfaces.IFilesystemImporter>)

The "ClientFolder" subclasses BrowserDefaultMixin, UniqueObject and
BaseBTreeFolder. I looked at other CMF classes and zcml and couldn't
find anything special that makes them adaptable to IFilesystemImporter.
The other odd thing is if I create the class in the ZMI programmatically
the export doesn't fail. I would have expected it to fail since the same
adapter is used on export.

What must I do to get this class to import? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za