[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] email_charset: a small proposal

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Oct 12 13:56:31 EDT 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> I'd like to add an 'email_charset' property to the site (making it
>> possible to use e.g. iso-8859-1 for emails and utf-8 for site content)
>> and to fix the header encoding.
>
> Are there specific problems using the same encoding for email that is
> used for the site (apart from any other bugs that you mention)?

None I'm aware of. But you can't change the default_charset easily
because it describes the encoding of persistent data. The email encoding
is just an output format that can be changed at any time.

The setting can be used for other emails as well, so I don't think it's
overkill to have an extra property for that.

Cheers, Yuppie