[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] email_charset: a small proposal

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Oct 13 10:10:35 EDT 2006

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously yuppie wrote:
>> Some people still use email clients that don't support utf-8. So you
>> might have a policy to send iso-8859-1 emails even if your content is
>> utf-8 encoded. At a later point you might want to change that policy.
>
> Do those people expect to be able to read non-ascii mails? I suspect
> not, in which case utf-8 will not change their situation.

I can't provide an overview which clients don't support utf-8 and what
they support instead.

But AFAIK Eudora supports only iso-8859-1. So at least if people use
Eudora (without the converter plugin) iso-8859-1 will change their
situation. And I guess iso-8859-1 support is quite common in older clients.

Cheers, Yuppie