[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup ATContentTypes global_allow

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Sep 22 05:32:53 EDT 2006

Hi Tres!

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Raphael Ritz wrote:
>> In the old days this would have been something like this (pseudo code):
>>
>>   typesTool['File'].manage_changeProperties(global_allow=False)
>>
>> in the custom product's install.
>>
>> The question is: how would you do that from an extension profile
>> without replicating the entire 'File' fti for just this little change?
>
> Then you aren't making an "extension":  it is really a "base" profile in
> disguise, as you want to control types "outside" your profile's scope.
> I don't want to make it easy for "add-ons" to scribble on other people's
> types (although yuppie's suggestion would work):  the model here is that
> either you are configuring the site *as a whole*, or you are "extending"
> it by making "well-behaved" extensions to it.

Maybe he isn't making an add-on. But add-ons are not the only use case
for extension profiles.

http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/2.0/CMFDefault/profiles/views_support/
is an example of what you call a "base profile in disguise". It
describes a variation of the default profile. I think this is a
legitimate use case that helps to avoid redundancies and makes
maintaining customizations easier.

Cheers,

	Yuppie