[Zope-CMF] Re: Modifications using GS profiles

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Apr 5 07:20:51 EDT 2007

Hi!

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Does anyone have any objections to modifying some of the CMFCore
> exportimport code to support changing aspects of items instead of
> wholesale replacing them?
>
> I would like to be able to do things like this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <object name="File"
>    meta_type="Factory-based Type Information with dynamic views">
>  <property name="Just replace the title">
>  <action action_id="edit" condition_expr="only-replace-expression">
>  </action>
> </object>
>
> of course delta profiles or however we end up supporting modifications
> is a better solution, but I'm looking for something that is workable
> right now.

'meta_type' is ignored if the object exists already. I guess you don't
propose to support meta_type changes.

Updating properties selectively should work already. AFAICS the only
missing part for your example is the non-purging (=update) mode
implementation for type-info actions.

I hope we can get rid of the non-purging mode in the long run, but the
delta profile based solution is still vaporware, so improving the
non-purging mode makes sense if you need something workable right now.

No objections here.

Cheers,

	Yuppie