[Zope-CMF] [dev] unresolved site manager related issues

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Apr 10 04:30:40 EDT 2007

Hi!

This is an attempt to summarize the unresolved issues. Please correct me
if something is wrong or incomplete.

1.) sub-sites (KSS issue):
--------------------------

Currently non-five.lsm site managers don't work in CMF, see this thread:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2007-March/025817.html

Proposed solutions:

a) reverting most 'tools as utilities' changes (Kapil)
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2007-March/025817.html

b) supplementing five.lsm (Hanno)
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2007-March/025822.html

c) improving five.lsm (Rocky)
AFAICS this is an other attempt to resolve the same issue:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2007-March/025708.html

We have to decide which way to go. I prefer c) if it works, b) otherwise.

2.) GenericSetup components handler:
------------------------------------

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2007-March/025743.html
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/473

Hanno volunteered to work on this, but the fix depends on resolving issue 1.

3.) missing five.lsm UI:

IIRC Rocky planed to add a basic UI for managing components. In my
sandbox I have a view for editing the XML representation (as used in
GenericSetup), but that depends on resolving issue 2.

Cheers,

	Yuppie