[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] unresolved site manager related issues

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sun Apr 15 18:48:38 EDT 2007

Previously Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I have a suspicion that this will be easy for most utilities. We can
> put that framework in place for CMF 2.1 and start refactoring the tools
> into utilities on CMF trunk.

A quick look seems that there are a few common uses of acquisition in
the tools: to get to the portal via tool.aq_inner.aq_parent, to get
to the REQUEST object via self.REQUEST and use of absolute_URL. Some
tools (URLTool, UndoTool) are already free of acquisition-use.

This suggests that it should be quite doable to do a CMF 2.2 where tools
can be proper acquisition-free utilities.

Wichert.