[Zope-CMF] Re: tools, utilities, and getToolByName

Rocky rocky at serverzen.com
Sun Apr 22 09:34:19 EDT 2007

On Apr 19, 12:52 pm, Martin Aspeli <optil... at gmx.net> wrote:
>  -1 to relying on five.localsitemanager, especially if it means other site
> managers somewhere inside the CMF site will need to be five.lsm aware.

Not sure what relying on five.lsm means... because if we don't use
five.lsm, then having sub-ISite's beneath a CMF site will break the
site due to the fact that current Five doesn't produce __bases__'s
properly.  This was the primary reason for doing five.lsm, to make
sure sub-ISite's work.

In effect, having a cmf portal be an ISite but not having a working
__bases__ actually does more harm than good.

- Rocky